In preparation for the assessment day I wrote myself a few notes on what I needed to do to complete AJ's design correctly. AJ also provided photographs, drawings and a step by step so I had lots of information to look at if I needed it.
Products:
Paddle brush
Pintail comb
Sectioning clips
Grips
Hair pins
Hair elastics
Hair band
Curlers
Crimpers
Straighteners
Hair chalk
Make-up brush
Hair spray
Heat defence product
Method:
Brush the hair through with a paddle brush
Section the hair at the front of the head using the pintail
comb and sectioning clips
French plait four plaits into the front of the hair and
secure with hair elastics
Put the plaits and the remaining hair into a ponytail and
secure using a hair band, apart from the hair of the undercut.
Curl the hair of the undercut using heat defence product.
Crimp the hair in the ponytail using heat defence product.
Complete a bun using the crimped hair in the ponytail.
Straighten the fringe.
Apply hair chalk using a brush to the fringe and plaits in
the hair.
Finish with hairspray
This is the end result of the final assessment:
Evaluation of the assessment day
I was pleased with how our assessment went because I finished the hair style on time and it looked how it was supposed to. I think the bun could have been a bit neater as I found it difficult to control the crimped hair on the day to create a smooth finish but in the end I managed to create the correct bun shape. I was happy with the plaits as they sat flat against the head which was something that I had struggled with. I had also struggled with curling to get the curls tight during the practices but I curled and pinned the curls tightly on the day and used hairspray so they maintained their shape which I was very pleased with. I think I applied the hair chalk well as there was very little that dropped and I managed to cover alternate strands of the plaits and dip dyed the fringe how we had planned. Although as I had used more heat defence product on the day than when I had practised it soaked up some of the chalk and made the colour less intense so it didn't pick up as well on camera as I had hoped. So if I did the hair style again I would have layered more of the chalk onto the hair and would have made the bun slightly smoother and crimped the hair better so that the crimping was more visible in the photographs but overall I was pleased with the hair style I achieved. I think myself and AJ have worked well throughout the project as AJ gave me a lot of information on how she wanted her design to look and also gave me plenty of feedback on how I could improve after each practice which I listened to and improved on for the following practice. Also I feel I practised the design and prepared as much as I could for the assessment day and AJ said she was pleased with the hairstyle I crated on the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment