Project Evaluation
When we were first told about the project I started to research
Elizabethan hair and the different techniques which they used. Then we learnt
about the techniques in more detail during lessons and we were taught how to
create Elizabethan and modern hairstyles using the same techniques. I then researched
the techniques we had learned and looked at the differences between how they
were used in Elizabethan times and how they are used in modern day hairstyles.
When designing my own hairstyle I combined the different
techniques we had learned to create several designs. I then thought about the
designs and what were the good elements of each of the designs and which
elements could be improved. For example plaiting or curling the whole of my
hair would take up a lot of time so I decided to only plait and curl parts of
the hair. I also thought about what could be achieved on my hair and what would
look the best on my hair and I used all of these things to create my final
design.
I continued to develop my design slightly as my partner
practiced it as we realised ways to make it look better for example changing
the number of plaits and the style of the curls to make it look more
Elizabethan.
I enjoyed working on my partners design as AJ had given very
clear instructions and we communicated well with each other to create the best
designs we could. I found some elements of her design challenging at first for
example making the bun the correct shape but with practice I managed to achieve
her design.
Word Count: 273
Technical Sessions
I
have enjoyed the hair technical sessions as I think that I have learned a lot
and I am now able to do many techniques I was unable to before I started the
course. At first I struggled with curling and padding but I am now more
confident as I have practised them several times. I liked learning how to
create buns without using padding materials and how using the correct
backcombing techniques can transform hairstyles and make them very strong and
secure. I enjoyed learning different plaiting and frizzing techniques as I will
be able to use them a lot in the future as bases for designs and I didn’t know
there were so many different ways of using those techniques. I will continue to
practice all of the techniques that I have learnt so that I keep improving.
This will be straight forward for me to do as I will be able to refer back to
all of the notes and photographs in my technical file. I liked how we learnt
the individual techniques and then used them together in order to create
complete hairstyles. In the future I would like to work more on a person
instead of a doll so that I get used to working with different hair types and
lengths. I look forward to this now as I am more confident with using heated
equipment on people’s hair as I have practised on my doll and on a few people
during lessons.
Word count: 248
Word count: 248
No comments:
Post a Comment